Thursday, December 27, 2007

Away in a... STABLE??


SO throughout this Christmas season I often have gone out to feed Blaze and looked at his stable in awe of what that night must have been like for Mary and Joseph. You see... although I try to keep up on things pretty good... there is really not a day that goes by when Blaze does not make a mess in his stable... if you know what I mean. Until I have had to shovel such messes daily... I guess I never really thought it was THAT bad in "the" stable... but now... come to think of it... I BET it had a few messes... from a few different kind of animals too.


Our youth pastors had an outstanding sermon on Sunday... about the reality of Joseph and Mary's situation. How they probably thought they had life figured out... and then came this angel... with all sorts of news that didn't make sense... NOT the way I bet Mary and Joseph had hoped their life would have panned out. And then once they had as good of a grasp on the situation as they could... news of the census. Not too convenient for a carpenter who most likely had proudly crafted his new babe's crib and a 8 month pregnant lady who will have to ride on a donkey 70 miles through the mountains... after all that however, I am sure Joseph and Mary found it reassuring that a nice room and bed would be waiting for them... only to find out once more... life was not going the way THEY planned... the King of the world would be born in a messy stable. I bet you they were questioning this... I mean imagine being them... wouldn't you wonder if you missed something along the way? But this WAS God's plan.


So with our adoptions we move forward... riding 70 long miles on a donkey we didn't expect we would have to ride, but God knows the big picture... that is what we have to rely on... HIS plans... not our own. May we be as faithful as Mary and Joseph... even through the messes.

3 comments:

Sarah and Tim said...

We recently saw a video at church, trying to get the picture across, and like you, I knew the story, but until the pictures were up on the screen, I didn't realize, or maybe just didn't think of how gross it would have been to have a baby there, and then lay him in the feeding bowl of animals. I pray that your children will be with you soon! God knows the mess, but has planned it and will see it through. Many prayers to you!

Mrs. Mom said...

Sometimes that "mess' gives us added strength, tolerence, and grace too.

Everything is placed in our paths for a reason- believe that, and be strong, and things will work out as they have been planned to!

Thanks for stopping by Oh HorseFeathers today! Your Blaze is a handsome fellow, and I will look forward to your postings here as well on your journey not just with horsemanship, but in life too!
Mrs Mom

Hope and Rob said...

Thanks for the encouragement!