Sunday, July 31, 2011

No More Tangles

Do any of you remember your mother spraying that product in your hair
(and oops... your face too)?

"No More Tangles"

Well today as I went out to throw some hay in for Blaze I realized he had quite a knot in his mane. I've been busy lately and haven't had the time to spend with Blaze that I would like, and with a bounding two year old at my side, sometimes life gets that much crazier.

No more tangles...ha.... that would be nice today.

Or... would it?

I couldn't just leave that mess in Blaze's mane. It just didn't feel right to walk away. I grabbed some baby oil (No More Tangles was not available), dumped it on and away we went. Even if that was the only way Blaze and I connected today I was going to get rid of that tangle.

Then it occurred to me...

That tangle, although not a positive situation, forced me to take time for Blaze today.

Sad but true, same can be true in life with family and friends.

We take each other for granted. We are full of excuses why we can't get together.
Usually we're just "too busy" right?

And that's when things get tangled up... when we neglect each other. If we really care, it's then that we take out the baby oil and comb through things... aka... spend time together.

I'm glad God allows the tangles... although painful... it brings us back together doesn't it?

So if you've been neglecting, hop to it!

And if you've been neglected... be patient, God sees your tangles, and He has a plan to get it all straightened out. If the one neglecting you is not coming through for you, take action, look around... is there a place where the grass is greener?

You have one thing a horse may not have... freedom. You do not need to wait for your owner to come help you. You have one Owner, your Creator, and He always has a brush at hand.

No comments: