Wednesday, July 27, 2011

His Beats in Hoof Beats.

Standing on the edge of a rocky canyon, arms stretched wide, my soul seemed to take in the air that blew toward the edge of the canyon and then vigorously raced upward and over the edge where I stood. All the while hoof beats wildly slam on the ground racing toward me, threatening to push me off into that wind so I could fly like an Eagle.

Hoof beats can be so much more than they really are can't they?

I have never stood on the edge of a canyon, but the mere sound of my horse racing around his pasture tonight inspires.

His hoof beats did push me off the edge once.

Off the edge of complacency and comfort.

He caused me to face my fears. And still does.
Like a mother bird pushing a bird out of the nest, Blaze pushed me out of the box I was living in.

In a split moment, a charging, testing gelding ran at withered, uncertain me and caused me to burst out in confidence in order to survive, literally in that moment and figuratively in life.

Isn't there just something about that sound... hoof beats that is?

There is so much power, and yet grace at the same time...and with such confidence.
It's a rare person who does not have a rise in their soul when hoof beats stir the dust nearby.

And yet, there are also the gentle plodding hoof beats that seem to say...
"I've got you friend. Climb aboard and tuck your problems away in my saddlebags"

Sometimes, Jesus to ME is a hoof beat or a horse ride.

You know footprints in the sand right? God is carrying you.
Well similarly... I see His one set of tracks... only crescent shaped.

Thank you God for hoof beats...powerful, confident, graceful and gentle.

They are representative of You.

No comments: