Thursday, July 15, 2010

You've Got My Attention... What's Next!?

A horse should know you have your personal space, never crowding you unless you ask him too, he should respect you as the number one horse in his herd and watch your every cue.

Who is the number one horse in your herd? Do you watch His every cue? Do you truly respect Him?

Some horses have a very hard time with ever giving in to that concept, so do some people, myself included at times. Although in my mind God is the lead of my life, my heart and actions show differently.

Sometimes a horse is better on one side vs the other at giving you space or letting you work with it, or lead it. It needs to be comfortable with you doing the same things on each side. We call that a balanced horse.

Sometimes we are better at letting God work in certain areas of our life, but not willing to let Him completely into other areas. When we are willing... we are balanced people.

When working with a horse he should never stop in your presence without facing you... if he stops and does not look... perhaps showing you his rear end... he is most likely not seeing you as his lead yet, rather he sees himself as one notch above you on the totem pole.... not good.

When God works with us and we are working with Him or we are done doing a certain aspect of ministry... we also should not give Him our rear ends, but instead we should turn and face Him each time as if to say... you've got my attention... what's next!!!?




2 comments:

Lynn Baber said...

I used an identical phrase as that which titles your blog to describe how horses allow me to better understand my walk with the Lord. It appears in the Introduction to "Amazing Grays, Amazing Grace: Pursuing relationship with God, horses, and one another."

Best wishes and blessings,
Lynn Baber

Hope and Rob said...

I'm excited to read it Lynn! Aren't we so blessed to have the Lord teach us through these beauties!!!!!??? Thanks for your comment!