Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Want Her To Look At Me

So today I again had the privilege of watching my dear trainer friend work with a horse. This horse can be a sweetheart some days, and totally off on other days. She is very loved, and does a good job loving back... in her eyes you can see that she wants to do right, she's just trying to figure it all out. As the trainer worked with her today I noticed at one point she kept wiggling the lead rope to bring the horses attention back towards her and she said...


"I want her to look at me"



When a horse is working for you... they should always have at least one eye on you... they should not drift and watch all the other action... if they do that they can miss your cues. Sometimes they want to watch what is happening around them... other times... it's like they are just lost within themselves.



So tonight as I was spending some time with the Man Upstairs... He kept prompting me to read on in the Bible even though I was getting tired... He said He had something to show me about myself. He lead me to the greatest commandments of all... to LOVE Him and my neighbors with all my heart.



I asked Him, "God... why do I struggle with that" He said because I am inward focused.



So I asked Him to please... keep wiggling my lead rope. He said He would.

No comments: