Tuesday, October 23, 2007

SINCERETY!!!

Another lesson I have been learning along the way is sincerity. It is amazing how many things God has taught me with Blaze that will teach me to be a better parent. I honestly have to admit I can be a selfish person. I think about myself WAY too much... but God is helping me to be more outward focused. I would have NEVER ever slowed down to wonder WHY something or someone does what they do the way they do it... I guess I never cared. But I am caring more now. The more we understand our animals, friends, spouses and children the more we will know how to care for them, how to pray for them AND they will know we are SINCERE when we look deeper into them.

Well Blaze is who shook me up to understand that this is important. When working with a horse like Blaze you can't ignorantly go into a time of working together, it helps A LOT if you know WHY he does what he does. What drives his fear, how is he feeling today, what is his history etc..

It was awesome confirmation to me today that I am changing for the better... I ACTUALLY STOPPED and watched my cat walking from the barn to the house from up here in the office. I noticed that every few steps he froze and looked around, and I wondered... ABOUT MY CAT... what was driving him to do that! I REALLY DON'T totally get into cats... so the fact that I did that is progress... I mean I just did it... I didn't have to force myself to.

AND most importantly Rob and I will certainly have to look INTO our adopted children. There is so much about them that we DON'T know. We will not always get what drives them, we will not know their complete history. They have not had sincerity all the time from their birth parents so they will need it from us for sure! I mean parents... do you agree... your kids can TELL when you're being insincere... and that will totally effect the relationship we have with them.

I want my kids to know I think about them all the time and that I am SINCERE.
Thank you Lord for using Blaze to move me into sincerity!

1 comment:

Hope and Rob said...

Yes, I know I spelled sincerity wrong in the title. It just won't let me fix it right now. =)