Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Out In The Storm

The storm was not even detectable yet to my human body, yet the horses started to form parallel lines facing in a south east directions. Heads hung low as if asleep, yet stirring inside with great expectation of something beyond their control. Although they had shelter, it is not a place they choose to be in such a moment of unknown. Naturally flighty, one may think that a response to a storm might cause a panic in horses, yet it does quite the opposite, they rarely panic, and they rarely hide.

Although I have heard many people scoff at them in these moments,
"Stupid Horses... they just don't know better".
I tend to disagree...There is some wisdom there that I am still trying to wrap my mind around.

Bracing for the storm.

Being calm in the storm.

Knowing that energy is better spent in quiet confidence then in running panic.

As Tropical Storm Emily approaches my husband in Haiti today and I sit way north in Michigan, I simply choose to face myself in a south east position, and pray. Worry, panic, it does no good. Magnifying the situation and speculating, this is of no value either. I take this moment to ask you to please do the same. I know Rob will be fine, but please pray for the people of Haiti, they have no choice but to brace themselves, pray for the effects of the storm coming their way to be minimal. Pray for them to stand confident in their Lord when again, another round of destruction attempts to make its way into their lives.

Looking at horses in a storm I almost want to ask, "How do you just KNOW you are going to be ok!? Why do you choose to stand in the midst of the storm instead of taking shelter?" Perhaps they are confident in their Creator and know that He's in control. What will be, will be.

We can have such crazy "storms" in our lives can't we!? Some are beyond our control with the crazy choices others make that influence us.

Running around and blaming and raging and worrying and panicking and gossiping and magnifying is not going to change the storm one bit, if anything it adds to it.

Instead, choose to surround yourself with a positive group of people...
find your heard and be still.

When there is drama, when there is hurt, be still.

Be still. Trust your Creator.

Be still.

1 comment:

Rv Shultz said...

Beautiful Hope... Praying for your husband & everyone in Haiti.