Monday, August 9, 2010

Where is your shoulder!!?

I was in awe this week as I worked with a beautiful Palomino Mare in the round pen, She's an excellent beauty, but a little lethargic on reacting to her cues, so we were working on getting her to move with less convincing needed.

As she ran in the pen she often decided to slow or walk whenever she wanted. I remembered that my energy needed to be focused on her shoulder. Some say the shoulder is the heart of the horse. Every time I focused in that area she moved forward knowing I meant business, but as soon as I got a centimeter too forward on her neck or too far back towards her rear... she would wander in her attention or slow down.

Now it is possible that she just sensed my attention wandering... but I am often amazed at the influence we have on a horse when we connect with their shoulder. I swear I almost literally felt connected to her when my focus was in just the right place.

So, when God is working with you, stretching you and growing you. Where is your shoulder? WHAT is your shoulder...maybe that's a better question.

Where is the area He focuses that completely gets your attention and draws you in, to move you to keep your eye on Him? Think about it. I would love to hear what you all come up with.

No comments: